AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New equipment salesman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 5/9/2024 14:21 (#10734631 - in reply to #10734396)
Subject: RE: New equipment salesman

Nw Iowa
I agree everybody different. What I would suggest is know your product, know your customers. Some like you just to stop by once in awhile, others do not. if you are getting into ag or construction sales you are going to have to understand technology. Understand what new products can do. Know your mfg sales programs, very confusing but a lot of times not understood by salesman or customer. There may be extra funds to offer warranty or extra financing or other gimmicks. As Chris said know your used market. Know what you are trading in, if you don’t know find out. Something can look identical but be missing a key option. Don’t be afraid to ask someone about unknown products. I think final thing is you have to work. Order takers works when business is really good, but real salesman can make something happen even in bad times. Little sales turn into big sales. Going out of the way for someone is usually remembered and appreciated. A lot of times customers will give new guy a shot, work hard when given the opportunity. Take selling small items seriously. A lot of salesman become very lazy in good times, don’t understand why they can’t sell anything in poorer times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)