AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New equipment salesman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Steiger Man
Posted 5/9/2024 00:11 (#10733966 - in reply to #10733915)
Subject: RE: New equipment salesman

Sunburst Montana
In addition to what’s been said get proper training on how to set up and use the equipment you are selling. Those goes for everything from combines to GPS/Ams equipment to sprayers. There is nothing more worthless than a salesman who doesn’t have a clue how to run his own equipment. Get familiar with what you are selling.

My JD salesman will spend a day with you if he has to making sure whatever you bought is setup properly and everything works if you are not familiar with the equipment. I bought a snowblower this winter and I could have figured it out easy. But my salesman upon delivering it stayed behind and helped me hook it up and made sure everything worked. It was only the 2nd blower he has ever sold and it was a question if it would work on my tractor or not. It’s little things like that will help keep your customers coming back. Don’t be like the CNH salesmen around here who just drop a sprayer or drill off in your yard and tell you to call the shop if you have any questions while they leave and you never see them again.

Also, if you have customers that have parts at the dealership don’t be afraid to deliver them if you are making the rounds. My salesman is always bringing out parts for us

Edited by Steiger Man 5/9/2024 00:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)