AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New equipment salesman
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 5/9/2024 07:55 (#10734159 - in reply to #10734109)
Subject: RE: New equipment salesman

c_mayer - 5/9/2024 07:14  Take lots of pictures, and if there's a problem you see, DON'T hide it, just show it. If it's a big deal, prepare for questions about it...if it's little, well, we always say "that will give them something to talk about." I don't mean that we're trying to get out of fixing things, but to us, it makes no sense to bring a unit in we just took on trade, and let my picky guys in the shop spend $5K putting every little thing back to brand new, when the next guy may or may not care about those things. Sure, if the mirrors are hanging off a $200K tractor, fix them...but if the SMV is faded and a brake light is busted on a 2000 model combine, let the next guy tell you if it's a deal breaker. It's way too easy to let your shop bury you in a trade unit before you know if you need to do it...then you end up with a unit that's too high and you lose your butt after paying interest on it for 6 months and dropping the price to where it should have been in the first place.

Lots of good advice there.

It just baffles me when I see an ad on Tractorhouse that has 3 pictures of a piece of machinery that were taken in a dark shed.     Sometimes you can barely tell what it is.

Also, put a price on it.    I absolutely hate seeing ads with "call for price".    I hardly ever call those ads.   I just assume its so high they're embarrassed to put it in print.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)