AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All you land bulls may not want open this thread; Auction results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 5/4/2024 09:32 (#10728272 - in reply to #10728108)
Subject: RE: All you land bulls may not want open this thread; Auction results

nc ks
I am all for analyzing every area of our business and overall personal money position, but to equate land with any type of investment product is silly. I have goals, but none of them include being old and sitting at a table, looking at an investment potfolio and being giddy about the value. Investments to build wealth are fine, but what are the goals with that wealth? As a farmer and a father and a grandfather, my goals are about the experience of physically working to provide but also sharing that experience with those I love. I have been very fortunate that those I love enjoy the same vocation I do. That vocation requires land for the experience. Can't get elbow to elbow working on a treasury note. I guess a pile of money isn't the end goal. That is why I don't view land value in strict money generating ability.

If you have no love for the vocation and just want to cash out at retirement, you can equate land to t-bills or whatever. That isn't real world value though.

If your goal is to buy a certain amount of land in a certain area, but you want to wait until the numbers match what other investments will make, you will never buy land because land is always about betting on the come. It can be overvalued at times and you shouldn't chase it at all cost. The best time to buy is when eveyone else is pessimistic. It will still be overvalued, but better days will come and it will be a wealth builder.

Edited by kb ag 5/4/2024 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)