AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All you land bulls may not want open this thread; Auction results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 5/3/2024 21:15 (#10727803 - in reply to #10727797)
Subject: RE: All you land bulls may not want open this thread; Auction results

Padra - 5/3/2024 21:09

Boone & Crockett - 5/3/2024 21:06

6th Generation Farm - 5/3/2024 20:50

Boone & Crockett - 5/3/2024 17:39

Today. 153 acres pretty much central Mitchell county Iowa, 7 or 8 miles west of me as crow flies. 142 currently cropped balance in CRP. 71 average CSR, not great but very respectable dirt. $7,900 when gavel went down. There was a sale just a few miles away last fall, 160 cut up in 5 fields, just came out of crp, brought $13,000. That one was 73 avg CSR. Wake up call. More than 39% drop in 6 months. By far the lowest price I’ve seen in years around here. I don’t know how far I’d have to go back to find an equivalent sale price, but I’d guess 10 years.Edit too add; I’ve been so busy lately I hadn’t even seen it advertised or I’d been there. My brother in law was and stopped by afterwards and filled me in on the details.

Now that is a good land deal.(if it went through) Haven't heard of anything that cheap in a long time. Slap a 2500 head swine facility on it, and away ya go. (Not saying it will cash flow, but it beats the heck out of 15-25k an acre.

Honestly would have my doubts it actually sold for that. A good auctioneer and or realtor would have pulled it, and listed it for X online. Normally get close to what they’re asking.
It sold. There was an intermission when bidding stalled, auctioneer went into another room and met with sellers, came back out and announced it’s gonna sell today, one more bid and it was done. No question about it.

You’re really feeling your oats it seems. You have been calling for a dramatic land drop for years now. All the while it has raced higher. One sale that is less than expected and your dancing a jig on here.
Hardly dancing a jig or feeling my oats. This is a marketing page last I knew. But your right, The cheapest sale I’ve seen in ten years isn’t worth mentioning. If corn would have went to it’s highest price in a decade today, would that also not be worth mentioning? Good grief.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 5/3/2024 21:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)