AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All you land bulls may not want open this thread; Auction results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 5/4/2024 09:26 (#10728259 - in reply to #10728143)
Subject: RE: All you land bulls may not want open this thread; Auction results

Nw Iowa
I think land will follow interest and commodity prices to a point but there is a lot of outside money looking to invest in Farm real estate even if a very low return because they want to have some balance to their investments. Most are after top tier land though. If you look at stock market, how many of todays hot stocks were around 25 years ago? How many of 25 years ago hot stocks are around today? 10 years ago commercial real estate was very solid, today not so much, in fact office buildings always considered pretty much gold are in big trouble across the US. Many years ago My dad had the opportunity to talk to one of heads of a family that owned a lot of land in our area who made their money in New York in the stock market. He asked the gentleman why they wanted to own their farmland when they were making such big returns out east. The man’s reply was that a acre of land would still produce so many loafs of bread. I don’t think I have ever seen so much outside money trying to own farmland, solid money that isn’t just going to liquidate when wind blows opposite direction for awhile. Some of these people just have a unlimited stream of income that doesn’t end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)