AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rainfall
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 5/7/2024 22:51 (#10732708 - in reply to #10732692)
Subject: RE: Rainfall

Mark in WCIowa - 5/7/2024 22:28 Guys half a county away thought they knew what we looked like last year, except they had 6 more inches of summer rain than we did. I won't say "everybody", but I will say MANY on here need to stop thinking they know what others are going through, especially when it comes to rainfall. I've see rain be inches different across a section...I've seen a line on a pavement where rain has happened and where pavement is dry. Maybe someone has more tile or better drained land than others. I have farms that take forever to dry out because they are next to slough areas managed by the DNR. If a guy says he's wet or he's burning up, he may well be. And what does it hurt if maybe he's not in as bad of shape as he says.

All very very true, Mark.   I've at times been hard on some I-State guys crying drought, but I do also know I've seen yield maps where one single storm that might not have been a mile wide made a massive difference.  And it also can be the case that seed which survived four rounds of beatings before it emerged won't survive the fifth. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)