AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey John b ,others,question on statins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 5/2/2024 05:55 (#10725743 - in reply to #10721578)
Subject: RE: Hey John b ,others,question on statins

Thumb of Michigan
I have high cholesterol and was prescribed statins. Due to side effects, I went through many different ones. Can't remember now the names. All did the same thing to me. I felt like someone had taken a ball bat to me in my sleep. After 30 days or so, no matter which one, I could care less about lowering my cholesterol.

My father in law, who is very healthy for his age, was prescribed statins as a preventive measure. Which was puzzling to my wife anyway-his cholesterol isn't really that high, he's active (normally) and has very few health issues for a soon to be 90 year old. He couldn't put his shoes on himself after 45 days on a statin, hurt too much. 2 months before he went on statins, he'd repaired shingles by himself on a 2 story house. Good news was that he got back to normal 2 weeks after quitting them.

So- I went without any cholesterol lowering medications for 5 years or so. My Dr gave me hell every time my blood tests came back, and so did my wife. They thought my numbers were very high. I laid it off to just being an overachiever. Giving me hell didn't lower my cholesterol, and I was dug in on my anti statin position. Then, Repatha got invented. Hada heck of a time getting it past the insurance company, when I went on Medicare it got approved. After a year, my cholesterol is lower and no side effects that I am aware of.

Glad statins work for some. No way will I ever take them again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)