AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey John b ,others,question on statins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/30/2024 17:10 (#10724012 - in reply to #10723988)
Subject: improvement in heart disease but no improvement in all cause mortality

Pittsburg, Kansas

Look at all cause mortality in those studies. Why no improvement with statins? Because they make you die of another cause other than heart attack????

Watch the links I posted. They are based on opinions gathered by studying the scientific studies you talk about.

But by all means, everyone needs to evaluate the evidence and make their own decision as you have based on the evidence.

I say the evidence for all cause mortality and length of life shows very little if any benefit. But the companies that sell the drugs have done a wonderful job of advertisement for their product to promote sales and profits. While minimizing any impact from the side effects the drugs cause.

But that is just my opinion. And that is what discussion is about. Thanks for your input. A lot more people think like you than think like me (obviously because of statin drug sales volume). I for one have become very skeptical of big medical community claims. So that does bias my opinion a lot. And is why no one should do anything based on my opinion. 

Be careful of evaluating relative risk claims vs absolute risks. They are both important but can be very different in their importance depending on the numbers. 

Edited by John Burns 4/30/2024 17:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)