AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We're taking a trip soon and I want to rent a Tesla. Opinions??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/9/2024 16:53 (#10734753 - in reply to #10733981)
Subject: RE: We're taking a trip soon and I want to rent a Tesla. Opinions??

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

I will say one thing, and that is the average driver is not a better than average driver although if you asked 100 people, about 90 of them would say they are a better than average driver.
Anything that distracts the driver's attention from the road is an added hazard. Whether that is glancing at the text on your phone or scanning a complex set of gauges. A much better solution is to have a vehicle that doesn't require gauges to monitor. 
Asking me about the autonomous driving on a Tesla and expecting an accurate answer is a lot like many of the experts on here that will tell you pros and cons on EVs. I have done some study and watched a few videos of the development of FSD but I have yet to have it installed in my car so I have a lot of questions about how it might work. 
I just recently started using the auto-pilot (essentially adaptive cruise and lane keep assist) that comes standard with new Teslas. There is a camera in the car, that monitors driver attention and if it catches the driver glancing at a phone, it pitches a fit. I understand if you persist, the car will revoke your privileges to use even the rudimentary auto-pilot. Same will go for FSD, as I understand it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)