AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We're taking a trip soon and I want to rent a Tesla. Opinions??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/8/2024 09:24 (#10733076 - in reply to #10732915)
Subject: RE: We're taking a trip soon and I want to rent a Tesla. Opinions??

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

No one is forced to use the autonomous driving and many don't. 
Most of the driver assist safety features on a Tesla or the new ICE cars can be turned off. 
To put things in perspective, humans driving all types of cars still manage to kill themselves and others at a rate exceeding 40K per year in the USA. If you present a car that monitors driver attention and drowsiness, I don't see how that is a bad thing. 
Further, to say that a car with a screen is more confusing than a dash full of gauges and switches is a bit puzzling to me. It is perfectly feasible to drive my X without the huge center screen. Many of the most used controls, that one would have to reach for a knob or switch, to access in a normal car are either handled automatically or by pressing one button on the steering wheel and speaking. "I'm Hot" or "I'm Cold" will adjust the temp in the cabin in 3 degree increments. "Set temp to 74 degrees" makes that happen. No one needs to divert their attention as much as hunting up the proper knob takes, to adjust the temp.
If a screen centered car is deadly, what does that make my KW? So I need to keep an eye on the oil temp for engine, oil temp in diffs, oil pressure, coolant temp, boost, intake air temp, charging voltage, and adjust the cabin temp. That isn't confusing at all **

(KW (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments KW (full).jpg (75KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)