AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$50 Billion, $100 Billion, $50 Trillion, $100 Trillion Dollars from 2008
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

69Cat
Posted 5/6/2024 10:22 (#10730675 - in reply to #10730650)
Subject: RE: $50 Billion, $100 Billion, $50 Trillion, $100 Trillion Dollars from 2008

Why does a country need to be the owner of the "reserve currency"? The answer is none do. Value is not in a currency, it's in the goods. The currency is a medium of exchange. And is why foreign countries won't hold USD. They have been forced to by the bomb, bullets and financial repression that comes from not toeing the line of using the USD for settlement. The Petro dollar comes to mind.

If brics isn't real then are you saying it is still a requirement for all oil to be transacted in USD? Naturally I'd Ont know how much of our "news" is 100% total made up garbage but if I beleive our news then there is a Lt of trade not being done in USD. And this trade is done by countries not toeing the line. These countries would be called "brics" countries but of course the so called brics countries are a lot more than 5 or 7, it's something like 40 some or more.

But no doubt people will drink the Kool-Aid that only the USD has value and that automatically guarantees it a position at the pinnacle of monetary policy. I must be one of the very few who do not have a bank account stuffed full of dollars (ie currency) and instead am changing currency for assets and other avenues to exchange dollars for something else that compensates for the massive devaluation I am seeing. Yes, I am one of the few. Definitely a country holding billions of USD see it completely opposite and will not unload them, in fact the worshipping beleivers in the all powerful USD will actually be acquiring more and so a loose collection of countries like brics will never exist, because it would be foolish to not keep using USD.

There are far better alternatives to the USD. And many people know this. Land values in recent years tell you exactly the past, present and future value of holding USD.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)