AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$50 Billion, $100 Billion, $50 Trillion, $100 Trillion Dollars from 2008
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

reformedbanker
Posted 5/6/2024 09:29 (#10730633 - in reply to #10730421)
Subject: RE: $50 Billion, $100 Billion, $50 Trillion, $100 Trillion Dollars from 2008

A few days ago I made a comment about discounting future growth of earnings. I said something along the lines that many have been too scared to invest in tech stocks due to perceived valuations and others have retired early doing so. I'm still at my day job, so tells you which camp I am in. I dabble but will never "bet the farm".

The reality is down markets hurt mentally more than a similar up market's corresponding joy (or whatever word is appropriate?). The US currency will remain the reserve currency so long as our military unequivocally is the global dominant. The US probably can run deficit to GDP higher than most here including myself think. There probably are a few more strings they could pull even when it gets to be crunch time. One last thought, in a world where the US gov spends so recklessly, why are we paranoid about a rug pull to farm backstop programs? The funding and acronyms to payments has done nothing but increase for decades.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)