AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you run?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/6/2024 10:48 (#10730708 - in reply to #10730598)
Subject: skinny vs fat

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes I saw that. I was only giving my experience to show that diet change changed my knee and back pain. Basically got rid of it about half in two weeks and all gone in a month after starting low carb eating. My right knee shown on the x-ray for a portion on the edge being bone on bone. Not terribly bad yet but doc says I was up for a knee replacement when the pain got too bad. He gave me an injection in it that didn't do too much. Might have helped a little. Probably 4-6 months later was in Bonaire scuba diving. I normally carry two diving tanks at once down the steps and the hundred feet of so from the tank rack to the donning area near the dock. Both knees hurt but the worst one got pretty bad. I was down to carrying one tank at a time (wife and I both dive. She does the cooking, I carry the tanks). About mid trip time down there (that year we were there for 3 months) we both got agrivated enough with our health sifuation and decided to do the change.

Unbelievable. I can hardly expect anyone to believe me as I could not believe it myself. In one week (only cut carbs in half that first week) cut my insulin amount in half. Went full low carb ketogenic the second week and had to stop all insulin shots because of low blood sugar. Have been off insulin shots 5 years now. We did it specifically for weight loss but what we did was get healthy. In the first two weeks my knees hurt less and the morning waking back aches went away. In a month I was back to carrying two scuba tanks at once with NO pain at all. Pain went away and has not come back. Within 6 months got off blood pressure medicine, diabetic medicine and a couple other pills. 

I know people will call BS and I do not blame them. Had someone told me that would happen I would have called BS. But it did happen so hard for me to ignore. Nor do I want to or in any way go back.

People will not believe what they eat can potentially effect their pain and inflammation level. I would not have if it had not happened quite by accident to me.

We went low carb keto (and cut out all vegetable oils, which is a different subject than keto) to lose weight. What we did was get a lot healthier. Then in the next six months to a year the weight came of naturally.

I realize he does not have a weight problem. My pain might have been partially caused by being over weight. But it certainly was not the entire problem. The pain in the knees and back went away way ahead of much weight loss. The weight loss came later. It is now my belief that if a person consumes a proper diet for themselves (whatever that might be) and is healthy the body can regulate its own weight naturally. So it is my opinion that my wife and I got healthy by changing the way we ate, and the weight came off because of becoming healthier.

Not at all saying it will work for everyone. But what we eat does make a difference in the amount of inflammation in our body and pain is largely caused from underlying inflammation. Whether we are skinny or fat. Some of the worst diabetics (with hard to control blood sugar levels) are the skinny ones. Many of them will never know they are diabetic till a lot of damage is already done. But I digress. Off subject.

I think quite a few people might be surprised at how much pain they can reduce by being more selective in what they eat and drink. But that is only my opinion, based mostly on what has happened to me (and now years later some close friends that have had similar experiences).

Edited by John Burns 5/6/2024 10:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)