AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision 20/20 and Incommand 1200 mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 5/4/2024 09:04 (#10728219)
Subject: Precision 20/20 and Incommand 1200 mapping

Jeffersonville, OH
Just finished planting Dad and Uncle's farm, and have been thinking about something. Figured I'd throw it out here and maybe someone has thought about something I haven't, there are some sharp people around this place.

Planter controlled with a Gen 3 20/20 now, but previously had Ag Leader planter controls and steering through an IC 1200. When we switched the planter to Precision (wanted the meters for better singulation with terrible seed), we kept the IC 1200 for steering. I don't need educated on how we should have went with Ag Leader meters, didn't need the extra expense of high speed meters for our operators.

Question is, to use SmartPath guidance on the 1200, my operators (maybe steering wheel holders) which is Dad and Uncle, are having trouble remembering to turn on the logging on the 1200 so it maps the first pass, and can then steer the second. First thing I need to do is make them pick a good boundary so we can use boundary steering, but they like to change that every year for some reason...so. Anyone else got an ingenious method of logging the coverage or application on a Precision planter on an Ag Leader display?

I'm thinking the simplest method is an App Rate module and a lift switch for the Ag Leader...but figured I'd ask and see if anyone else has done something similar.

This is a first world problem if I have ever seen one...but the simpler I make things for Dad, the simpler my life goes when they are trying to farm and I am trying to run the dealership.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)