AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overheard in doctors office
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 5/7/2024 23:42 (#10732743 - in reply to #10731978)
Subject: RE: Overheard in doctors office

Sure, the medical system sucks.   But, when I finish this plate of food and this cocktail, I'm going to sleep next to somebody who is already asleep because she gets up at 5am to go work the front desk at a cardiologist office.  Would you like to hear about how last Friday when she was at home (works 4-10s) she spent two hours playing phone tag because lab results from her office got sent to the wrong place where a patient was supposed to have a procedure?   Would you like to hear about how the management at Mercy were paying her less than people doing the same job who got hired ten years later until her manager basically created her a new position just so she could get a raise because he knew she was looking (and he's a stellar dude, the people further up the chain not so much)   Would you like to know how often they have to get a 350 pound patient off the floor for an ambulance or helicopter ride?  Would you like to know how often they have an exterminator come and fumigate for bedbugs?    Would you like to know how often the girls at Ottumwa get screamed at because somebody in Des Moines or Iowa City screwed up?   Would you like to know about the time a patient opened their purse and baby cockroaches ran all over Megan's desk and computer?    

I haven't met anybody in her office or anywhere else I know in the medical field who got there because they hate people, quite the opposite.   But man, if you don't know how much extra effort they put into the great patients, and how much a very small percentage of patients make life miserable for them, you probably just won't understand how frustrated they get sometimes.   And, it's also possible that this dude is a pretty good guy and his wife called bitching about something- that happens too.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)