AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you guys do with old wire, woven fence , junk etc when pull fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 5/5/2024 10:09 (#10729333 - in reply to #10728454)
Subject: RE: What do you guys do with old wire, woven fence , junk etc when pull fence

Alton, Ia
What do you do with your other scrap? We have an old 150 bu wagon that's filled at least once, usually twice a year with other scrap, hog barn stuff, old chains, etc. Just stuff. Heck, even the kitchen tin cans go in. Amazing how it accumulates. Pull it 20 miles, get a few hundred bucks.

For fence two choices around here:

1. Pull it all and pile it like you did. Load it up and take to local scrap yard, they will "take" it. Meaning you unload it there and get nothing for it. Most do it that way, just want it gone.

2. Roll up the barb, pull the posts and woven with it, pull staples and cut ties, roll up woven. PTO wire winders can be bought for $2-300. Wire and crap T posts into junk wagon, good posts a guy buys from me for 50% of new. I've done several miles in the last couple years, tracked time first fall, figured it out to $40/hr labor benefit, so when I add a high schooler at $15, my time is even higher. Not an annual living, but for fill in work in late fall on nice days, not bad money. But it is work and not much seat time, so there is that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)