AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Senior Moment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 5/9/2024 07:29 (#10734121)
Subject: Senior Moment

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona

The thread below on Squish´s aging made me post what happened to my wife and me recently . My wife had to renew her drivers license at our local courthouse and I went in with her to pay for the Ranger´s annual license sticker. When we walked back to the car I hit the unlock button on our 2013 Buick Enclave key fob but it wouldn’t unlock no matter how many times I hit the button. Dang I figured the battery in the fob went dead no problem the key fob has the actual key on it so I tried to unlock it that way but dang that didn’t happen either. Now this didn’t make sense at all and my wife said let me try it so I handed her the key fob and nope nothing worked for her either including the back hatch.

I was stumped it just didn’t make sense that even the actual key wouldn’t work in the door key hole. I finally said I’ll call the local car dealership and see if they come over and help me get the car unlocked which I did and they said they’d come over shortly.

I know we stood outside of the vehicle for 15-20 minutes total trying to get it unlocked with no success. Then my wife looked in the car windows and noticed a pink ring like ornament on the car dash that wasn’t familiar and asks me what was that and it hit us both at the same time is this our car,,,,, NOPE,,,,, we looked down the lot and about 4 car spaces away was our car with the back hatch wide open!!!! We both just burst out laughing looked around to see if anyone was watching us and promptly got in OUR car and drove away. We were both laughing so hard we both had tears rolling down our cheeks. I did call the dealership back and told them I got it open so they didn’t need to come and luckily they hadn’t left yet.

I know it’s not a good excuse but there was a couple of vehicles in between us until just shortly before we figured it out AND the car we were trying to break into was a twin to our car. This is what I’d call a official SENIOR MOMENT for both of us :-).

Edited by IowaMark 5/9/2024 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)