AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMX Field Iq ISSUES
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 5/8/2024 21:28 (#10733813 - in reply to #10733668)
Subject: RE: FMX Field Iq ISSUES

I had something similar as well several years ago. I lost a LOT of hair, time and sanity over that one. The FM would randomly lose various modules, the switch modules as well as planter modules. Never all of them and never any real pattern. It was random and I never really DID figure out what it was.

However, it was definitely in the FMX because when I FINALLY swapped it with another one we have, the problem ended. I sent it to Jay at Ag Express and he never did find the problem. He tested it as exhaustively as he could.

That FMX has been demoted from planting duty.

I at the time was running a RSCM, 3 Rawson drive controllers and Seed Monitoring. I suspected there is something in the FM that can't handle that computing power and it gives up.

We still use it for other FIQ implements and it works fine. I think it's in the sprayer now.

First I would make a new implement. That helped me for several hundred more acres when I had my problem for some reason. If that fixes it, I would think it may be the FMX, if it comes back again, swap with another one if you have that ability.

I'd also add a terminator, they prefer them, but it sometimes will work without one.

As Grant above suggested, remove the relay harness for a time for testing and/or just swap relays and see if there is a difference. When the first systems came out, the relay harness didn't exist, I ran many years without one on the planter, sprayer, and side dress bar.

Double check all pins in all connectors you can, maybe one is pushed back. I've had that happen.

Check voltages in the FMX diagnostics and see if anything stands out.

Also, check for voltage drop at the end of the line. Take a voltage reading at the batteries then another one at the end of the last module where the dust cap is. Ground the tester all the way back to the batteries so you get a true voltage reading. Do it while the systems are running as much as you can.

I also once had a problem once with Voltage Drop. As the wiring on the planter got older, the connections were not as good as they used to be (along with the pure number of connectors the electricity had to go through) and triggering all 24 Tru Count valves at once caused Voltage Drop. I cured that by adding semi truck tarp cord cable all the way to the back of the planter and backfed it into the FIQ wiring.

Swap modules if you can. I've had CAN wiring get corroded in the harness controlling my Feritilizer RSCM from getting fertilizer spilled on it. It corroded a wire at a connection inside the woven loom. Inside the octopus harness for the modules, the CAN wires are spliced 3 together and shrink sleeved.

Good luck, I hope any of this helps, I truly feel your pain.

Please keep us updated.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)