AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AL row shutoff module configuration error
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/6/2024 12:51 (#10730813 - in reply to #10730784)
Subject: RE: AL row shutoff module configuration error

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Check your High Current Power. My guess is that it got disconnected between yesterday and today. This is the branch that contains the fairly large red and black wires leading to the Clutch Module. A branch of it only contains the red wire which should deliver 12V to each clutch.

The coil in each clutch will be looking for ground. The Ag Leader Clutch module will provide ground to activate the coil and stop planting for that row or section. Note this is the reverse logic of what one might expect. A complete circuit stops planting, an incomplete circuit allows planting.

The Ag Leader system checks for an exact match between the number of sections that you have specified in the configuration and the number of clutches that it found "out there". If the match is identical as far as clutches and their locations, the system proceeds. If there is a mismatch in location or number found, the system produces an error message like in your picture.

The system can determine if and where clutches are located by checking for 12V on the wire that could be grounded. At initial startup and throughout the day, the system occasionally checks to confirm that the number and location of clutches it finds are an exact match for the configuration.

I discovered this several years ago when I was working as a Tech. I went to a farmers place to help him finish up an installation. The Clutches seemed to work properly. When I came back the next day, they didn't and I got an error message like you. Turns out the farmer had folded up the planter after I left to back it into the shed. They had run the high current wires to the module around a fold point and when he folded the planter, they hadn't left adequate slack in the wiring and it became disconnected. Fortunately it didn't damage the wires. Once we plugged them back together things worked properly again.

To check the status of the high current power you must use a meter between the fairly large red and black wires. Remember the flashing green LED on the module means that the CAN communication is healthy which is necessary but it does not indicate the status of the high current power which is what does the "work" of running the clutches and Clutch module.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)