AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4640 Universal and signal from Cygnus/Vector Pro receiver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jdkinzenbaw
Posted 5/4/2024 08:41 (#10728182)
Subject: 4640 Universal and signal from Cygnus/Vector Pro receiver

Question for you guys...

I managed to work with Ag Express and get the cabling I need to connect my New Holland T7.300 tractor with Cygnus receiver (same as a Vector Pro) into my 4640 display. I've configured everything I can find according to the manual, but it's not feeding the NMEA info into my display.

The serial cable is hooked into the 4640 Universal with the cable from Ag Express, and plugged into the Cygnus receiver on Port B. On the New Holland Intelliview 12 (same as Pro 1200) monitor, I configured NMEA output as per the Deere requirements: 19200, 8-bit, GGA, GSA, RMC at 19200 baud, and 5 Hz output rate. I've also tried 1 Hz. On the Deere 4640, I've tried configuring Com Port 1 to Serial GPS and also tried switching it to Com Port 2. Either way, when I click on 'Diagnostics' in the Deere screen it just says 'Inactive' and doesn't appear to be bringing in GPS.

I've confirmed that I'm outdoors, all cables are connected properly, and the receiver itself shows it has full GPS.

I should add... I'm not trying to use the Deere for steering, just need it to run the Rate and Section Controls for my spreader and sprayers.

What am I doing wrong to get this GPS info into the 4640 Universal?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Edited by jdkinzenbaw 5/4/2024 08:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)