AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Boundaries and Curved Guidance Line without Terrain Compensation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/5/2024 07:15 (#10729125 - in reply to #10728051)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Boundaries and Curved Guidance Line without Terrain Compensation

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have at times moved my Ag Leader display to my S x S for mapping tile lines, boundaries etc.

I decided its simply just easier to drive around with the tractor. Granted it's overkill but nothing needs to be moved and the ride is often better. When we had a break in the weather in early March, my Great Nephew took the planting tractor with SteerCommand Z2 and Terra Star Pro C out to make boundaries.

When making boundaries with an InCommand, you are asked if you wish to offset the mapping location. This allowed him to offset the GPS to the left and forward. That way he could drive with the outside front dual on the boundary and the system moved the mapping point for the boundary to that location. It wasn't necessary to "fudge" the normal GPS location and the possible confusion that creates.

Since most of our boundaries are "straight", he would start a boundary on one side, drive a bit and put the system on PAUSE and drive to the other end and get lined up. He would then hit RESUME and the system would draw a straight boundary from where he started to that point. It was not necessary to drive the "last" straight side of a field since the system will complete a straight path back to the starting point as you progress around the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)