AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1790, Black Rate controller, 2600 display, 8400
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GACOTTON
Posted 5/9/2024 12:51 (#10734548)
Subject: 1790, Black Rate controller, 2600 display, 8400

We upgraded to what I consider a basic 1790 planter.  Ground drive, vacuum, no row clutches, spring hold downs, no fertilizer.  It has the black rate controller on it, and is suppose to have an update in it to run back to a 1800 display.  We were told it was being ran with a 4240 Gen4 display.  All we had to do to pull it with one of our 8400s was get the cab harness and a display and we would be ready to go.  We went with a 2600 and bought a cab harness from Ag Express.  Everything seems to be going good, except we don't seem to be getting anything from any of the seed tubes.  The latest we have found out is the Height sensor needs to be calibrated.  It shows a voltage on the display for the sensor.  The only thing we are coming up with, on our planters, is the push button on a parallel arm.  Some places we are seeing it as the height switch, and other places, the CCS fan switch.  We tried calibrating and it said calibration failed. I tested the switch, and it appears to be working.   We have also found listed in JD  Parts, The height sensor adapter kit AA71206.  But that's all we can find out about it.

Are we doing something wrong?

Were we told wrong?

Will putting the AA71206 kit on solve our problems?  Is it going to hook into our wiring harness?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love upgrading and technology.  I hate getting it all configured to work.  And I hate the lack of information to get it configured.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)