AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1795 16/32 bean planter overvilling mini-hoppers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/9/2024 09:33 (#10734318)
Subject: JD 1795 16/32 bean planter overvilling mini-hoppers

Chebanse, IL.....

We have a "new to us" JD 1795  ME-5, 16/32 bean planter and it has the newer 64 cell bean disk. I think the disks have been offered for 3 yrs now. This is our first season with this planter. Planting speed is about 7-8 mph.

We are having overfill problems with some of the units. The air system will overfill some of the mini-hoppers and cause that row to overplant heavily (+50%). We  have adjusted air pressure in the CCS & the vac. We have disassembled the mini-hoppers to inspect. We have switched the mine-hoppers onto different row units. Problem always returns within minutes after cleaning & restarting. JD tech visited & couldn't offer a concrete answer, but will research the problem. The only pattern we can see is the front rows of the split rows cause trouble first. Some of the rear rows have never had problems. The 64 cell plates have knockout wheels. We have tried various number settings on the knock-outs with no change. Also, we notice the rear rows have a rubber flapper valve in the seed delivery hose which is utilized for fold-up when the split units are lifted. The beans we are planting are 2582 seeds/lb. I'd call that an average size bean. We also use talc per directions.

Anyone having similar problem??

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping all the mini-hoppers at proper fill height?

Once again, we have the updated 64 cell bean disks that resemble corn disks. Are we the only ones with these plates?

It's raining now. We're not planting, just waiting..

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)