AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bean planter 40-60’. Efficient, simple, and parts availability?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 5/9/2024 07:56 (#10734162)
Subject: Bean planter 40-60’. Efficient, simple, and parts availability?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
For starters, I have a case MX275 to pull a bean planter. (4 sets of hydros and a high flow pump)

I’d like a bulk fill planter, but leaning towards staying brush meter. I have a 40’ Kinze 3650 but we have 2 spots on farms that the planter drags going through ditches because of the long length to get to so on those farms we use my dad’s 30’ planter. I’m going to dry and address one of the spots but the second we can’t feasibly come up with an idea on.

A Deere 1790 would fold better and have plenty of clearance I believe. And transport better down the road if it’s fuller then a Kinze I think. But I’m probably one of the few who wants to keep it simple with a brush meter rather then a vac. I’d like for one of my helpers to run the bean planter for me some so I can go on rescue missions more and keep both corn and bean planters going. So I think the brush meter he’s used to would help with that.

I’m not opposed spending the money for a 60’ planter but don’t think my 275 would like it as much as a 40’. I can’t afford a tractor and planter both.

Are the 1790’s easily converted to brush meter vs the vac most of them are? I know they made brush meter models but I’m guessing my options on finding a good used one will open up bigly if I include vac models and convert in my search.

Any thoughts? Will a vac be simpler than I think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)