AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

5610S Solenoid Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

soya257
Posted 5/9/2024 05:10 (#10734001)
Subject: 5610S Solenoid Question

The little Ford the other day, would just not start and it just click. Battery was good and voltage was great, to everything else.
I put the battery charger on it, (just in case) . Then i cleaned the battery posts and the cables, from start to finish.
Still it just clicked, like it wasn't getting enough juice. So i said I'll get it towed and still, the tractor would turn over and it just wouldn't run.
Then i had the wife sit on the tractor with the tractor in neutral and out of gears in both of the stick shifters. Then i crossed the connections on the Solenoid and
away it went. I shut the tractor off and it started again, for the last 3 days. There was full power ,to the lights.

So the question is= what would have been the problem been to make this happen. I'm thinking , maybe the inside of the Solenoid was locked up somehow and not letting the starter turn over .
I've seen on here many times, when a tractor or such would just click and they couldn't find the problem. This is the first for me in over forty + years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)