AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second new Intuicom RTK Bridge-X modem quit working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

VMUSA1
Posted 5/3/2024 19:26 (#10727693)
Subject: Second new Intuicom RTK Bridge-X modem quit working

Illinois Heartland

Running a couple of Trimble FMX 1000's in my tractors with an Ag25 antenna. 

Have paid an annual subscription for an RTK radio signal from our CaseIh dealer for several years and never had any problems.

February of this year, I get a call from my dealer saying they are no longer going to provide the RTK radio signal.  They suggested I purchase an Intuicom RTK Bridge-X modem to hook to the Trimble's D port and subscribe to their Digifarm RTK and a Data plan.

When they came to install it, they fussed around trying to get it to work for a couple of hours.  They called Intuicom directly and was on the phone with them for a long time changing different things in the Trimble's AgRemote.  Finally, Intuicom told them the modem was bad and to send it back for them to repair.

I was not happy about a new one not working out of the box and didn't want to wait several weeks for them to repair and send it back.  The dealer agreed and a week later, they came back and installed a new modem.  They had it working within minutes and all was fine.

A couple of weeks ago, I spent a day going around to all the fields and remapped them as none of my boundaries and AB lines were even close.  Didn't have any troubles and everything worked good.

Today, I go out to plant and I can't get any RTK correction signal.  Called the dealer and they asked me which lights were on on the modem.  The satellite led wasn't lit up and they called Intuicom.  Intuicom told my dealer this new modem is now bad and to send it back for repairs.

My dealer isn't very happy about this either and said they would bring a new modem Monday.

Anybody know what's going on with Intuicom? Did they get a bad batch of chips from the Covid period?  I had read several posts on here where I thought everybody was happy with them and worked really well? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)