AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

memorials. child loss.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GDAD
Posted 4/13/2024 16:48 (#10705454 - in reply to #10704865)
Subject: RE: memorials. child loss.

N.E. MO
My wife Tammy died of Necrotizing Pancreatitis. I consulted with the main surgeon who specializes in pancreatic issues. She gave me a couple of suggestions for organizations where the money would go directly to research, etc. I listed those as suggestions for memorial donations.
Incidentally, that surgeon contacted me recently and she was going to be giving a big presentation at a conference on the east coast. She was going to use Tammy’s case as the case study for the presentation. Said even though things didn’t go the way we hoped, there were a lot of things from her situation that could potentially benefit others down the road. I know that’s what she would have wanted, and I as well.

I hadn’t seen your post below, before replying to this one, so I will just edit and add it here.
The funeral director took care of distributing those funds in my case. Was no extra work for me.
As far as the thank you notes go, I think that was a good thing for me. It was a task that needed to get done and I was able to focus on that a bit each evening for quite a while when I got home from work. Gave me something to focus on those first couple of weeks and I’m thankful for it.

Edited by GDAD 4/13/2024 17:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)