AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AGCO vs Deere vs CNH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Pretender
Posted 1/6/2024 08:19 (#10559932 - in reply to #10559887)
Subject: RE: AGCO vs Deere vs CNH

The Internet

sparkiefarmer - 1/6/2024 13:49 Deere's biggest reasons for success are continuity, marketing, and the fact they are almost always the last on board with new tech letting others work the bugs out first. Also at the dealership level they REALLY focus on sale's department's customer satisfaction. CNH sufferes from a lack of parts support on older stuff and has never been able to build a sub 100hp utility tractor worth a darn in the last 15 years. CNH would have more customers if Deere guys werent so blindly loyal as they do make several superior machines. Now AGCO..... sigh..... a shining example of how not to run a farm machinery company. Dealers dont sell or service all their products, some dealers have exclusive rights on some items and that costs customers. They've killed good brands then turn around and build something different but the same. Example, kill the white and massey combine brands, do a terrible job selling gleaners, then roll out a fendt combine no one asked for. My experience is that acgo builds good products, some of their stuff is downright fantastic, BUT you kinda have to be determinded to buy one. I have a massey loader tractor bought new. Biggest pain in the ass Ive ever had buying a new machine. It was sitting on a lot, 4 hours on the clock. Saleman says 'I cant sell it to you bc you live in another dealers area, call them', so i call them, and they talk down to me about my economy tractor and want to sell me one worth 50k more. Get past that, it took over 2 weeks for me to get a brand new tractor that was sitting there!!! (Old tractor was a Deere, purchased new, wrecked on the road, needed a replacement NOW). If there had been the same model Deere for sale that I had wrecked anywhere in Ontario I would have a deere in the shed instead. Ive never had a sales department care so little about the sale of a brand new machine, especially when there's a brand switch occurring.

Few people were buying White and Massey Combines and slightly more buy Gleaner. That's in North America, there's a big world out there. I would think that the combine offerings from White, NA and European Masseys and Gleaners were all outdated and at the end of the development road. Enter Ideal. Claas launched a completely new machine with Lexion, Deere, NH and CaseIH have all launched completely new products. 

Speaking to the service manager at our Agco dealer only yesterday, he said Agco honour 99% of warranty claims. He said Ideal has had issues, BUT, when they have a bearing fail on them for example, the replacement is a different part, so they aren't getting repeat failures. They are even warrantying belts. He said last season they had a table auger fail on someone's head, they ordered the part at 7:15am, AGCO UK had one on a semi (40ft auger) straight away, it was in the yard before noon and he was running by 3. How much quicker do you want it? 

On your tractor example, dealers aren't supposed to deal with out of area customers, I know for a fact that Deere take a dim view of this, no matter how big the dealer. A very successfull dealer here ultimately lost their franchise after treading on other dealers territories.

People that whitter on about the loss of Allis tractors and to a lessor extent Oliver and White need to remember that not enough people were buying them to sustain the brands, and futher to that, outside of North America, hardly anyone had heard of them. Like it or not, Massey is a successful brnad globaly, and Fendt is a big deal in Europe. A handful or people were buying Massey's from the factory in Beauvais in orange with Allis stickers down the side of the, but can't bring them selves to buy the same tractor in red with Massey down the side of it. Are these people for real? They are the same tractors, from the same factory

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)