AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Set me up here - MP3 player, modulator, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/17/2006 22:35 (#6007 - in reply to #5955)
Subject: More on the new MP3 Player

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As I mentioned above, I got one of the new style MP3 players at Wal-Mart on Sunday.

The unit works fine with the SD card out of my camera but will not recognize the USB jumpdrives that work fine with the other MP3 player. The directions state that the device (both the USB jumpdrives and SD cards) should be formatted as FAT or FAT32.

Just be sure I formatted one of jumpdrives over again and put some music on it. Again that jumpdrive works fine with the computer, the older MP3 player but not this new one.

Today I happened to be close to my Wal-Mart again, so I returned the unit and swapped it for another identical unit. This too worked fine with the SD card but not the jumpdrive. In other words it performed exactly like the first one I got on Sunday.

I was now thinking that I must be doing something wrong with formatting the jumpdrive or something so I called the Tech Support number listed with the product.

I got a pleasant voice who asked about my problems and quickly said "We'll send you a new one". He asked for my address and said a new one would be shipped within the week. I asked if I needed to return the original and he said no. I then asked if this was a known problem that had been fixed and he said no to that question also.

This response seemed a little "fishy" to me. Time will tell if I do in fact get a free working replacement in the mail.

Edited by tedbear 4/19/2006 05:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)