AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Navigation issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 5/10/2024 13:08 (#10735685)
Subject: Navigation issue

39.48, -82.98
I plant with a QuadTrac tractor. Pro 700, RTK, OH CORS. Typical cross-track error ranging from 0.10 to 0.35 inches. If you watch for a full minute, max error usually around 0.55".

I started having trouble last year with random excursions measuring several inches. One tech suggested we check the small gray cable from the sensor at the articulation point, into the cab. So, before this season, we checked and, sure enough, there was a repair to a past injury. Bingo.

Or so I thought. First day this year, it's like old times. The second afternoon, the problem is back.

A couple points seem relevant. First, it "knows" it just jumped off track. So, the spatial fix is correct. It accurately records these errors. I have lost position several times this year. A quick glance at the InCommand shows a timed-out correction signal. But that's a different issue and I haven't been able to correlate these jogs to correction age.

The second thing that seems relevant is that it is speed-related. And it's not linear. That is, adding 10% to speed doesn't just add 10% to the cross-track error. I normally plant corn at 5.5 MPH. That's 8th gear at about 1500 RPM. I've noticed that when I start a pass, the error is small, as in the past. At 4.7 MPH, cross-track error ranges 0.15 to 0.40, with the occasional jump to about 1.4". Not what it should be, but okay. Speed up to 5.0 and it's starts walking around on me. Typical errors in the 0.4 to 2.0" range, with occasional excursions to 6" plus. At 5.3 MPH, these numbers double.

I have a guess...but would like to hear what you have to say. Planting at 4.8 to 4.9 MPH is getting old.

(20240510_115927.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20240510_115927.jpg (274KB - 31 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)